The perfect food for your kids’ lunch boxes, entertaining guests, or for those times that simply demand a late night snack. But what’s the harm when it’s full of spinach goodness?
For the spinach dough:
- 2 cups of multigrain flour / millet flour
- 2 scoops of Tru Superfoods Organic Spinach Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
For the filling:
- 1 cup boiled red beans (rajma)
- 1 cup boiled corn
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tbsp of butter
For the salsa:
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander and mint leaves
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- Salt to taste
What to do:
- In a large bowl, mix the wheat flour, salt, 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of Tru Superfood Organic Spinach powder.
- Mix all of the above ingredients by adding a little bit of water at a time, and knead it into a dough until it’s no longer sticky. The dough should be moist.
- Brush the dough with a little oil which will keep it from drying out.
- Let it rest for 10 mins. Then roll out equal portions. Make smooth balls out of them and flatten them between your palms.
- Roll each one into a flat circular base with a rolling pin and place it on a hot pan/tawa. Once on the tawa, flip it to cook each side for a few seconds until you start to see small bubbles.
- Take it off the heat and grease it with some butter (or ghee).
- Repeat the process for the rest of the dough balls.
- For the filling, take a saucepan and heat the oil in it. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped onions and capsicum and sauté for a minute. To this, add the corn, cooked brown rice, boiled red beans(rajma), jalapeno and mix well.
- During mixing, allow the beans to become semi-mashed, which will hold all the ingredients together.
- Add salt, black pepper and any other sauces you like (or it’s perfectly alright to just keep it simple).
- For the salsa: In a medium sized bowl, mix the finely chopped tomatoes, onion, coriander, mint, lemon juice, green chilli pieces, salt and pepper.
- Toss it well and your fresh salsa is ready!
Making a wrap: Take a spinach roti, line it with some fresh lettuce, followed by the filling and roll it neatly into a wrap. Cut the wrap in half and serve along with the salsa.