For rotis that look as great as they taste! Oh, and did we mention their nutritional value? You will never have rotis the same way again!
- 1 tbsp Tru Superfoods Organic Beetroot Powder
- 250g wheat flour (can use any gluten free flour)
- Water as needed
- A tsp of salt
What to do:
- In a large bowl, mix wheat flour, salt and 1 tbsp of Tru Superfood organic Beetroot powder.
- Mix all of the above ingredients by adding a little bit of water at a time and knead into a dough until no longer sticky. The dough should remain moist.
- Brush it with a little oil - this will keep the dough from drying out.
- Let it rest for 10 mins and roll out equal portions. Make smooth balls and flatten them between your palms.
- Roll each one into a flat circular base with a rolling pin and place it on a hot pan/tawa. Once on the tawa, cook each side for a few seconds until you start see small bubbles.
- On a high flame, place the roti/chapatti on the stove and you will see it puff up immediately.
- You can serve it with any vegetable gravy/sabzi.
- Enjoy the goodness of Beetroot and earthy flavour adding to the rotis/chapattis.